Sunday, April 15, 2007

bobagem

In books and stories, the wise just speak but they don't do anything. Its like The Oracle in The Matrix, or Bookman in D.Gray Man, or Planter in Xenocide.

They weigh the odds out, justify both causes, explain every angle of action and finally, FINALLY, they say it's our power to choose the lesser of two evils. The two evils they've interpreted for us, tuned to what only we can comprehend.

So, really, who is the wise one here? The one who knows or the one who chooses?

But thats just The Thought of The Day lah.

So its a lazy Sunday afternoon and i'm in the middle of one of my silent protests against The Parents. It reminds me of myself many years ago (waaaah like so old like that) when we'd fight over their silly expectations and my justifications of why it is totally a-ok or me to be out after sundown.

Course, now it's different. And i'm rather tired of having The Father scream his lungs down at one of my suggestions, explaining to me like i'm a little girl, the dire situation we are all in and yahdeyahdeyah. I mean, i thought i was old enough to at least have a little input in such ADULT matters.

Apparently, the percentage of contribution is inversely proportionate to the amount of decision-making. I call it blind responsibility and from the way i see it, a lot of redundant moves could've been avoided.

So here i am, knowing how much pride The Elders have, and knowing their ignorance at how much I have, too.

And I can't stand it that i don't see them in the same light i did when i was really young - perfect, wise. No. They are only human and its quite sad because it sucks to know you're on your own and there isn't a pillar of (SNORT) hope for your to lean on.

But because i am extremely bitter at the sudden turn of events, i'll just bid my time long enough for me to say "I told you so."

Because, daddy, ma, i'm tired. And while i'm not beyond caring, you're on your own now, which, by the way, was your choice, as you've SUBTLY proclaimed. Don't think i was born yesterday, dear Wise Ones, because I have seen what could've been. That while you question yourselves why i never once turn to you for refuge, i run to the brother, younger but wiser than me, even. The one i'd love to kill a decade and a half ago, is my only hope for ever remaining sane, if i still am.

You've lost a daughter in heart, but i will forever be the sister insect and steph look up to.

Haha. I can't help but say Amen.

AMEN.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Emo_girl88 bahhhh